Trinity Holding Steady During the COVID-19 Pandemic
updated March 31, 2020
Dear Trinity Members and Friends in Christ,
Though we are physically distant from one another, you remain close in our hearts; we’re still connected as the body of Christ. We’re fixated on news broadcasts and social media and texts and email and telephone chats to keep abreast of the latest developments in the pandemic and to stay in touch with friends and loved ones. We video chat with friends and family during meals to see each other around the table; we conduct team meetings online via ZOOM videoconferencing; we worship by video. (Don’t get too comfortable worshipping in your bathrobe and sipping coffee, we’ll be back to sanctuary worship as soon as it is safe!) This will pass in time and we’ll be together soon.
Because we need to be connected and to worship God together, we will broadcast a Sunday worship experience with you on Facebook. Remember, you may watch worship and sermons online at http://trinitypcola.org/media/sermons/.
Please be aware of emails which may come with more frequency as this is our best direct communication to our members. We appreciate your patience, and your attention to our communications.
Current status of events & meetings
- Online Worship: April 5 Palm Sunday (10 AM), April 9 Maundy Thursday (6 PM) and April 12 Easter Sunday (10 AM) we will again worship online.
- Churchwide Wednesday Night Prayers: Brian and Hugh will share an online Facebook message at 5:30 PM each Wednesday as we pray for our church, our community, our country, our world. Info and a written guide will be emailed to everyone and on the website.
- STAY AT HOME: In accordance with Florida Governor DeSantis’ “Stay At Home” order on April 1, 2020, Trinity's offices and facility are closed at this time.
- Calendar: Look at the Church Calendar via MyTrinity and not the website. The website live calendar has been turned off during this interim closure.
- Trinity Learning Center (TLC) remains closed until April 20. We will conduct the planned renovations during this closure and not disrupt TLC in June as previously planned.
- Check on one another: During this uncertain time a phone call, text, email, card or note will do wonders for everyone. Thank you to those volunteers checking on Trinity members!
Your Elders, staff, and pastors continue to face difficult decisions and plans, and we remind ourselves that our obligation is to safeguard you and your children, our members, and our neighbors. Know that we care about you, we miss you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Also, we trust the promise that God is with us in every place and every situation, and
“[We are] convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
Blessings and Peace,
Anna Kay Shirah, Charlaine Kane, and TLC Staff