trinity reopening and worship plans
The Session met Thursday, August 27, and determined plans for returning to in-person worship in our sanctuary on September 20.
You will see these protocols outlined in chart below.
PHASE 1 WORSHIP PLANS AND DECISIONS:
- 10:30 Worship. We’ll worship at 10:30AM rather than 10AM to accommodate those attending Serendipity Sunday School class online, giving them time to drive to Trinity for worship.
- No Sunday School, no children’s church or nursery for now. We will resume those programs when Christian Education team confirms plans and secures volunteers for Sunday School, Children’s Church, and nurseries.
- Masks are required. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- We will live-stream (broadcast) the worship service so at-home viewers can see a live feed.
- Social distancing and hand sanitizing measures are in place.
- Temperature will be taken at door with non-touch thermometers.
- Use no-touch alternatives for passing the peace and collecting tithes and offerings.
- At conclusion of service attendees will be dismissed row by row and asked to depart the building.
- We will video pan the sanctuary to record all in attendance in case of need to notify worshipers of COVID exposure during worship.
- Small groups, Session teams, PW Circles, are allowed back in building; they will follow social distancing protocols and must accommodate our cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
YOU ARE FREE TO CHOOSE TO ATTEND/TO NOT ATTEND:
- Some of you are ready to worship in the sanctuary, some of you are not, and some of you need to remain at home due to health and vulnerability issues. If you are ill, running a fever, have a cough, or do not feel well, please remain at home.
- You have permission without guilt to stay at home and worship online.
- You have permission without guilt to resume in-person worship.
- Rooms must be scheduled through the Church Office. Only church related events will be accepted at this time. Only Parlor, Prayer Room, and Rooms B, D, E, and F will be scheduled at this time. Users will wipe hard surfaces with disinfectant before leaving and before the next group comes in. Microfiber rags and disinfectant will be in each room and instructions posted. Schedule your meeting through MyTrinity on the Events (Calendar) page. Call the church office at 850-432-3505 if you need assistance.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the building and will be stocked by our Custodial Supplies representative.
MONITORING LEVEL OF COVID-19 CASES:
- If conditions change or infection rates increase in our community, we will assess whether we can continue worshipping and meeting in a manner that safeguards the health of attendees.
PHASE TWO REOPENING:
- We will allow several weeks of improving conditions to pass before this shift. This will require careful observance of current conditions, trends, and physical/social distancing recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Crowd sizes will likely increase with relaxing of social distancing guidelines.
- Live worship continues with live stream online worship.
- Small Group ministries and online Sunday School continue.
PHASE THREE REOPENING:
- Underlying risks are significantly reduced, social distancing guidelines are reduced or eliminated, masks are optional, testing is widely available, few or no new cases of COVID-19 pop up; large groups over 50 are able to gather, a vaccine is found or significant medical advances are made that allow for relaxed guidelines and gatherings.
- More of our activities will resume and meetings increase as we adjust to new guidelines and current conditions.
- If conditions worsen and infections increase again, physical distancing recommendations will be tightened in order to get back on track.
Thank you for your patience and your consideration as we make our way back to reopening Trinity safely and responsibly.
Blessings and Peace,